Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mom and Dad rent a DVD

Well, it is true. Friday night dad and I decided to rent a video. I went to Blockbuster to get a title that someone recommended to dad from his work staff. I quickly found the video and then hoped that they would take our card since I really have never used it. I told the guy "I have never rented a video, so what do I do?" He walked me through every step and told me when to return it. Well, it wasn't a video. It was actually a DVD. Of course those who know that I jammed the DVD into the player and couldn't get it out last time, will not be surprised that I had no idea how to play it (and we all know that dad has even less of an idea). So, we tried for a while and then called Taki. He was very patient with us. After 15 minues we said "We're sure you have better things to do, we'll wait for Toshi to come home". But he was very patient with us and we finally got it running. It was a good movie and we enjoyed it. We couldn't get rid of the subtitles but we didn't want to call Taki again. I don't know why they just can't put the words "play, fast foreward, etc on these cotton picking machines."

3 comments:

Taki said...

Since I was sitting at home doing nothing as usual, I was determined to get that baby to work. Hope the movie was good. I liked it, but it totally reminded me of Elisha the whole time.

Annette Shumway said...

Ok, hello, the suspense is killing me! What was the movie??? I can't believe that you went to blockbuster! We must be rich! Preston and I have a 93 cent video here and it's the only place we'll go. Can you beat that? A move for a dollar?!
You and Dad are too much. Just picturing the 2 of you, rumps in the air, trying to figure out a tiny machine...it's a funny image!

Mom said...

Dad says: Annette, you have such a great way with words. Mom says: man, how do you have all the good deals in California: Winco, 93 cent movies! Wow. Ya, I about fainted when the clerk said "$4.50 please". It won't happen again for a while. We saw "Take the lead". Someone from Dad's school recommended it. It was ok. A little unrealistic but I guess it was a true story. I liked it more than dad.